Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a server hosted by a web hosting company. There are various forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's explore them. In that way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a site, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by particular firms, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would split the tasks at hand between individual sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share a large number of pics with friends or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your e-mailbox accounts. Some firms provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you desire to keep an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can open email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many videos as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a web site. To some degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At LanLabs Hosting, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content only.